The Public Relation Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service Billy Anaglatey, has warned " />
|
resized image
education

Some home appliances if not well managed may cause fire - Billy Anaglatey

Spectr News Theme GHANA |TVAFRICAONLINE.COM |Maabena Asiedu Arthur
23 December, 2016

The Public Relation Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service Billy Anaglatey, has warned that some home appliances if not well managed may cause fire during the festive season. Mr Anaglatey explained that the usual pressure on these appliances in the yuletide coupled with the seeming dry weather are recipe for fire in the presence of carelessness.

Speaking with our reporter Maame Abena Asiedu Arthur, Mr. Anaglatey said such gadgets as Christmas lights for decorating room should be fixed by experts to ensure safety.

 He also cautioned those who keep generators   in their living rooms to cease forthwith as he explained that those gadgets can easily catch fire due its excess heat generation.

When TV Africa News visited the premises of the Ghana National Fire Service Mr. Billy Anaglatey, said fire personnel are still visiting various markets to educate women on how to use fire and electrical appliances to avoid any fire outbreak.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

About TV Africa

Television Africa Limited, the only fully Ghanaian owned private free-on-air television station on the air in the country was founded in 1995 by Kwaw Paintsil Ansah, a renowned filmmaker and advertising business executive. The company has its long-term objective ‘to play an effective role in the development of communications as a major instrument for nation building and a vital element in the socio-economic development process.’ One of its core objectives is to transmit high quality programmes on education, development, culture, and current affairs to viewers in Ghana, and later the international market.
The station started test transmission in 2002, and was officially launched by the President of the Republic on 17th of May 2003